American wave perm hairstyles are very popular among wavy hairstyles lately. It is possible to apply this model, which is prepared by using various curlers known as toasters or deep wags, in your hair in many sizes and angles. This waveform, which provides very different views from each other, can add a completely different atmosphere to you. But it would be very hard to deal every time, right? You don’t need to say if it was permanent because it already exists!
The American wave, which can be maintained for a certain period of time with an application similar to the perm, which was very fashionable in the 1980s, is also common today. The chemical process called Bioform ensures that the wave created in the hair, like beach wave perm, maintains its permanence for about 6 months to 1 year. American wavy perm can vary depending on the length, type and wave of your hair.
If you want to have permanent American waves in your hair, you should definitely have this procedure done by a professional hairdresser. It is a method that is not recommended to be applied at home, and you do not want your hair to be burned or your hair roots to be damaged by a faulty movement of your hairdresser.
What is the American Wave Perm?
American wave hair perm is a professional salon service that enables beauty salons and hairdressers to add volume, weight, texture, and movement to your hair. American wave application can be easily adapted to create any curl style and shape you want, from loose, soft waves to tight looped curls. If you are tired of your straight hair or if you are going on a long vacation or just want a volume in your hair, you can achieve long-lasting waves thanks to the perm technique.
The best part of the American wave hair perm technique is that it is gentle on your hair. A special ionic wave lotion is used to soften the bonds of the hair, ensuring that the perm is effective but gentle and gentle on your hair. American wave perm does not contain ammonia and uses positive ionic charges to soften each strand, making it look and feel healthy. It also contains less chemicals than normal perm such as beach wave perm.
How to do an American Wave Perm?
Includes the use of American wavy perm rods. There are two sticks – one purple color and the other gray color. The purple bar is the bigger and the gray one is the smaller one.
- Twist some of the hair back.
- Also, you need to roll some of the hair forward.
- It is to create a natural variation.
- If you have a sensitive scalp, you need to be prepared for it.
- You may experience some tension in your scalp.
- To get the rocking solution, you need to cover all sides of your hairline with thick cotton.
- Therefore, in this particular step, you need to saturate each rod with American wave ionic solution and place a plastic wrap over your head. Next, you should be idle for almost 15 minutes. The next step is to neutralize and rinse.
- Before rinsing your hair, you must apply a Neutralizer.
- Then you need to rinse your hair for about 10 minutes.
- After that, it’s your turn to remove all the perm rods. So it involves drying your hair and fixing your hair with a diffuser. First you need to towel dry your hair, then set your hair using a hairdryer and diffuser. Then, the rest of the process involves finger combing and air drying your hair. Your hair is finally ready for the new look.
We also recommend that you pay attention to our recommendations below:
- Do not use shampoo for 48 hours after your hair perm service.
- Do not use a comb on your wave perm hair.
- Avoid using hair ties, metal clips, and headbands for the first week after your perm.
- If necessary, apply a professional care product.
- Do not rub the scalp vigorously while shampooing.
American Wave Perm Cost
American wave perm hair price ranges from $ 50 to $ 250. However, this price depends on the characteristics of your hair and your location. The price varies depending on the quality of your hairdresser. If you go to a very professional luxury venue, the fee will be higher. It will be cheaper in a simpler living room. The most important thing to pay attention to is to have a quality transaction without looking at the price.
How Long Does American Wave Perm Permanence Last?
The permanence of your hairstyle depends on some factors. It varies according to the structure of your hair, hair length, and shortness. It also depends on the care you take after the perm. Under normal conditions, the American wave perm lasts between 4-6 months. But you need to take good care of your hair and consider the recommendations. Otherwise, your hair may return to normal in a shorter time.
The curls look more natural when the hair is wrapped on wider perm rods in coarser strands. Those who prefer natural looks mostly use this perm style.
Long Hair Perm
When perm is applied to long hair, very voluminous looks emerge. This volume looks very nice whether you tidy your hair or leave it open.
Short Hair Perm
If you think your short hair is thin, without volume, you might consider getting a perm. So your hair looks voluminous with a long curly look.